Summer Day Camp
Day Camp at Camp Carter is a great way for youth to experience the outdoors and make new friends! Day Camp weekly themes are designed to encourage campers to come enjoy the outdoors, while making new friends, gaining self-confidence, challenging themselves to new activities and to thrive in a natural environment. We embrace the power of Yet and help them understand that they may not know how to do that skill or activity “yet” but we help our campers by encouraging them to continue to try and not give up. Day Camp is for campers between age 5 that have completed Kindergarten thru age 12 years old who want to develop new skills, try new activities such as archery, hiking, nature crafts, survival skills, canoeing and much more! All Day campers at YMCA Camp Carter are also served a home-style lunch in the Camp Carter Dining Hall and receive a late afternoon snack.
Day Camp Programs Offered:
- Day Camp (ages 5 – 12) Must be 5 and have completed Kindergarten
What time is camp open?
Pre-camp begins at 7:00am. Day Camp activities begin at 8:30am. Due to health screening and temperature checks this summer all campers must arrive at camp by 8:15am. Campers not in camp by 8:15am will not be allowed to attend.
Camper pick up is from 4:00p-6:00pm. We ask that campers are not picked up prior to 4pm unless given advance notice to camp leadership.
Extended Care Hours
Before Care: 7:00 am – 8:30 am
After Care: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Our extended—day program offers quality care for your child before and after the camp day. If needed, please register for this program when selecting your child’s camp each week. This program is FREE however Pre-registration is required.
YMCA member – $215 per week per child
Non- Members – $265 per week per child
All Day Campers must be at least 5 and have completed Kindergarten prior to camp – through age 12
2020 Day Camp Dates and Registration Links below
Day Camp Weeks, Themes & Friday Dress Up Days
Dates Theme Friday Dress UP
- Week #1 – June 1 – 5, 2020 YMCA Welcome Week Y Spirit
- Week #2 – June 8 – 12, 2020 Empower Superhero
- Week #3 – June 15 – 19, 2020 Innovate Career
- Week #4 – June 22 – 26, 2020 Accomplish Royal Court
- Week #5 – June 29 – July 3, 2020 Engage Disney
- Week #6 – July 6 – 10, 2020 Inspire Pirate
- Week #7 – July 13 – 18, 2020 Motivate Sports Team
- Week #8 – July 20 – 24, 2020 Friendship Western Wear
- Week #9 – July 27 – 31, 2020 Celebrate Luau
- Week #10 – Aug. 3 – 7, 2020 YMCA Rewind Decade
Scholarship Financial Assistance program:
Need information on our Scholarship Financial Assistance program – click here for the application
Themes are used to provide a variety each week for campers that are attending multiple weeks. YMCA Camp Carter is a very traditional OUTDOOR ADVENTURE camp with lots of activities.
“My children are happy when they are at camp, and look forward to going back each day. This says a lot about your program.” – Summer Camp Parent